Monday, October 11, 2010

Phantasmagoria!

Bong! goes the bell in the rickety tower, Twelve times ... that means it's spooky hour!*

Coming up this Friday at Gossamer Dreams we have bats, fairytales and fairies, skulls, ghosts, witches and spiders!

Phantasmagoria is the theme , and I thought I'd quote Lesley's description on the Gossamer Dreams blog to explain:

phan·tas·ma·go·ri·a (fn-tzm-gôr-, -gr-) also phan·tas·ma·go·ry (fn-tzm-gôr, -gr)n. pl. phan·tas·ma·go·ri·as also phan·tas·ma·go·ries1.a. A fantastic sequence of haphazardly associative imagery, as seen in dreams or fever.b. A constantly changing scene composed of numerous elements.2. Fantastic imagery as represented in art.

I can't wait to see what everyone else has been up to - this is going to be a stocking to remember! I've had loads of fun using fabric I wouldn't normally use ... lots of purple, and lots of Echino - perfect!



'Fly by Night' with red Echino bats.



Echino Cobwebs


One groovy ghost!


*From the brilliant Tony Mitton and Guy Parker-Rees' book 'Spookyrumpus' (pub. 2004 by Orchard Books).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the ghost :)
I'm never successful in hyenaing though